Let’s face it, your 20s are times of turbulence. I thought high school was a big deal, but being on your own is where things really happen: the successes and failures of life.
Sometimes things go wrong and you parents can’t fix it for you anymore. Here are 6 things it’s okay to suck at:
- I burned grilled cheese last night. I exploded 60 second rice in the microwave. There’s not much else to say here.
- Hey Dad, thanks for always driving us around and deciding what to do on vacations. You gave me direction in every day life too.
- Now, I have to map things out myself. I get hopelessly lost sometimes. iPhone apps help a lot, but as long as you get lost in the right direction, it’s all right. Eventually you’ll end up where you belong. Even better, you could end up somewhere you didn’t know you belonged.
- Girls with fashion sense, I envy you. Or I wish I envied you. I want to care about clothes and designers, but I just really don’t. You don’t have to have your wardrobe figured out. You don’t have to be a model. Just as long as you make it out of bed and out the door, who cares?
- (Note: do buy business clothes. You will eventually need to use them.)
- I mean, to an extent we all have to be a little classy. However, you don’t need to sip red wine instead of a vodka soda. Have fun, don’t worry about getting manicures every week and only wearing tan socks. Or something, I don’t know. Be you.
- Lol. Am I right? What is dating even? In 6th grade I thought dating meant boys buy you necklaces and play basketball with you at recess.
- Take chances and put yourself out there, but recognize rejection is inevitable. Don’t compromise on important values just to have someone’s attention.
- There is no one-size-fits-all. Don’t expect guys to do everything for you, don’t expect everyone to like your boyfriend, don’t change your feelings based on other people’s opinions.
- Find a person who clicks with you and go with it. As long as you’re happy and he treats you well, don’t nitpick the flaws. No one is perfect. Not even you.
- Stocks? I’ve taken two finances classes and still don’t get IPOs.
Go ahead, make a mess of your life and then spend time cleaning it up. At the end of the day, we’re all in this together.